Types of Kratom and Their Effects
In general, Kratom is characterized into three different veins determined by the color of the stems and veins in the leaves of the plant.
- White Vein Kratom works as a stimulant and mood enhancer giving users energy, alertness, stamina and cheerfulness.
- Red Vein Kratom works as a sedative giving users pain-killing and relaxation effects. Red vein Kratom can also be used to combat insomnia and help with opioid withdrawal symptoms.
- Green Vein Kratom can be call the happy middle between the other two veins. It gives users a boost of energy, concentration, helps with anxiety and at larger doses it can alleviate pain without causing drowsiness.
Kratom also has several varieties of strains that have different results from euphoric feelings to analgesic effects. Most Kratom strains are named after their place of origin.
- Maeng Da originated in Thailand and is the most popular strain due to its wide arrays of benefits. In general, it has a higher boost of energy but it can also help with focus, enthusiasm, mood-lifting, as well as muscle relaxation and pain relief in larger doses.
- Bali unlike sedative strains, balances pain-relieving and relaxation with a gentle boost of energy and mood-lifting effects.
- Borneo is one of the most potent Kratom strains for pain relief. Its sedative property provides the users with stress and anxiety relief with a gentle calming effect to help combat insomnia.
- Malay is another kratom strain that has sedative effects that can help with chronic pain relief also offering stimulation, energy and euphoric feelings.
- Indo Kratom can help with anxiety but generally its effects lean towards an overall increase of well-being, relaxation and pain relief.
- Thai Kratom provides stimulation, euphoric feelings and pain relief at higher doses.
- Trainwreck Kratom consists of concentration of Mitragyna Speciosa makes this blend of 11 strains the perfect mixture for hard working, dedicated users. Trainwreck tackles pain-relief, mood-enhancing, energy boosting and concentration all together.
These Kratom characteristics and effects are general guidelines. When taking Kratom, especially for the first time, it is recommended to always start with low doses and register the effects to different strains. Slowly increase the doses until desired effects are achieved, but only take the minimum to achieve those desired effects.